- Rural Development/Leader Programme
- Community Development & Youth Supports
- Aims & Supports for Community Groups and Organisations
- Change Makers
- Community Development Training & Capacity Building
- IFAN (Inishowen Family Action Network)
- Other Services & Supports
- Public Participation Network (PPN)
- Social Prescribing
- Mental Health
- Community Links Programmes
- LEADER Supports for Communities
- Education & Training
- Enterprise/Self Employment
School Supports / School Completion Programme
IDP works closely with local schools and community groups to develop appropriate and holistic responses to specific issues such as early school leaving, attendance, language and literacy, developing creative approaches to learning, and promoting access to third level education.
Family support is an important element of this approach. Staff work closely with the two School Completion Programmes in Inishowen on a variety of projects and collaborate on new initiatives.
In collaboration with North Inishowen School Completion Programme we developed a response to Family Support issues identified through the Education sector. Funding was allocated to establish a Family Support outreach resource, working directly with 45 families identified by local schools in North Inishowen deemed as needing support with regards to children’s school attendance,
behavioural issues and completion. This group have piloted a number of targeted initiatives that bring together key elements for
family support – parents, children, community, schools, social service and health providers, etc. The part-time Family Support Worker visits on average 10-12 families at any one time.