- Rural Development/Leader Programme
- Community Development & Youth Supports
- Aims & Supports for Community Groups and Organisations
- Change Makers
- Community Development Training & Capacity Building
- IFAN (Inishowen Family Action Network)
- Other Services & Supports
- Public Participation Network (PPN)
- Social Prescribing
- Mental Health
- Community Links Programmes
- LEADER Supports for Communities
- Education & Training
- Enterprise/Self Employment
PR & Marketing Training
PR & Marketing Training
Date: Various times
Venue: Inishowen Development Partnership Offices, Buncrana
- Do you want to get your small business in the papers, in magazines or on blogs?
- Want to get customers to know about you and what you do?
- Can’t afford to pay for adverts or a PR company?
Well now you can learn to do your own PR in just one day!
Most local businesses tend to be small family-owned operations or self-employed. The owners are usually too busy delivering the service or making the product to have the time to think about marketing or promoting their business. Often too they’re operating on a ‘hand-to-mouth’ basis and don’t have the spare cash to spend on advertising or marketing.
This short course (it’ll only take you away from your business for one day!) will show you how you can promote your business using little more than the computer and phone in your office (or van!), your own expert knowledge of your business and a couple of spare hours a week.
And the best thing about it is that you will be able to do most of your PR and marketing for free! The skills and tips you will learn during this course will equip you to be your own best advertisement…..
This one day (6 hour) course will cover such areas as:
- What is PR
- Why you need PR
- Setting goals
- Finding & creating news in your business
- Basic marketing tips and tricks
- How to find press contacts
- How to write a press release & pitch
- Making good use of social media (Twitter, Face book, etc)
- Creating your own blog or website
- How to work with journalists & bloggers
- Interview basics
- Maximising your press coverage
- Other promotion ideas
- Structuring your PR plan
- Full course materials – a hand out package with summaries of each module covered
- A press release template
- A press list template
- A PR Plan template
- The chance to network with like-minded individuals