- Rural Development/Leader Programme
- Community Development & Youth Supports
- Aims & Supports for Community Groups and Organisations
- Change Makers
- Community Development Training & Capacity Building
- IFAN (Inishowen Family Action Network)
- Other Services & Supports
- Public Participation Network (PPN)
- Social Prescribing
- Mental Health
- Community Links Programmes
- LEADER Supports for Communities
- Education & Training
- Enterprise/Self Employment
This course helps people involved in the preparation and maintenance of records understand VAT and the importance of completing VAT returns correctly. It will clearly demonstrate when you charge output VAT and clarify the input VAT you are entitled to reclaim.
Date: Various times
Time: 2pm to 5pm
Venue: Inishowen Development Partnership Offices, St. Mary’s Road Buncrana
For: All self-employed persons who are considering VAT registration or who are registered for VAT
No. Places for 15 people
- Who must register for VAT, thresholds etc?
- How do I register for VAT?
- How do I calculate my VAT?
- Goods and Services at the standard rates, how do I calculate the relevant VAT rate?
- Difference between “Exempt” and “Zero rate” and exempt goods and services
- Goods and services at zero rate e.g exports, reduced rate 13.5%, e.g. building services, second reduced rates 9% (mainly tourism activities)
- Repayment of VAT to unregistered persons
- How to I manage my VAT obligation for my Business established in Ireland and only supply services to customers abroad which are taxable where received – e.g. foreign aspects
- Record keeping for VAT purposes
Followed by a Open Question & Answer session
Offered by the Inishowen Development Partnership Enterprise Unit.