Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Thursday, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
2 December 2021
Transitioning from Community Group to Social Enterprise
The workshop will be led by Brian O’Neill, of Enterprise North West, a local social enterprise specialist and trainer.
Aimed at Not for Profit organisations, Community Groups and Charities this workshop will include a mix of tasks and presentations with plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
This 2hr online workshop will begin to explore and demystify how to move into the social enterprise sector, covering topics such as:
- Gauge an understanding of the needs to transition into a social enterprise model and how it fits within the wider social landscape as well as national and regional policies
- Understand the purpose and function of a social enterprise. What problem are you solving?
- Be aware of a range of innovative social enterprises locally and nationally
- Recognise the next steps for their organisation as well as the challenges and opportunities for the development of the social enterprise sector
- Understand all the elements of the planning process
- Identify potential funding option for your social enterprise venture
- Introduction to tools and templates to support this journey