Reporting to the Estimating Team Leader this position presents a challenging and diverse role.
Fundamental responsibilities include:
- Preparation of detailed material take-offs and quotations for large scale prestigious electrical switchgear and power distribution projects in diverse applications throughout UK and overseas.
- Liaison with Salesmen, Contractors, Consulting Engineers and end-users to develop and prepare comprehensive quotation.
- Preparation of equipment layout drawings.
- Setting up of project folders and issuing of project details for the Engineers.
- Other associated duties commensurate with the role.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years minimum exposure in a Sales / Quotation support role ideally within a Manufacturing/Engineering setting with experience gained in liaison with Contractors or Consulting Engineers.
- Hold a related HND/Degree in Engineering/Business coupled with 1 year’s exposure in a Sales / Quotations support role, ideally within a Manufacturing/Engineering setting with experience gained in liaison with Contractors or Consulting Engineers.
In addition, all applicants must have:
- High level of computer literacy Excel, Word etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Logical and Methodical approach to role
- Professional telephone manner when dealing with clients
- Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience in an Electrical Contracting / Engineering/ Estimating background environment though preferable is not essential.