This is a fixed term contract for a twelve month period (with the possibility of a further 12 month extension subject to funding).
IDP is working in partnership with Solas Donegal to extend this project (which currently operates in the Falcarragh area) into the Inishowen area. Solas Donegal is a Green Exercise Programme that aims to support Mental Health Recovery. Solas Donegal is based on an eco-therapy model with the objective of “walking, talking and listening”, and developing positive supportive relationships. The programme facilitates group walks in green spaces and introducing the practice of mindfulness. Individual and group sessions support each participant’s recovery plan.
Both positions will be based in Buncrana and will work as part of a small team providing a day service to people experiencing mental health difficulties who are motivated to improve their mental health through group walking
The Solas Peer Support worker position will work for 8 hours as part of a small team providing a day service to people experiencing mental health difficulties who are motivated to improve their mental health through group walking in Nature. The hours will involve facilitating the programme, supporting programme participants, participating in evaluation of the service and in further development of the programme.
- Knowledge of the recovery approach within mental health service delivery
- Passion for working with people within the Solas Model of green exercise.
- Listening ear qualification or equivalent, eg peer support training
- Commitment to ongoing training
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Experience of working with people in groups in a supportive capacity
- Experience of working as a part of a team
- Lived experience of mental health difficulties and engagement with mental health services
- Bus drivers licence
- Experience working within community development setting
- Experience with establishing new programmes/projects
Full Job Description and Application Form can be obtained by ringing 074 93 62218 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from our website at www.inishowen.ie
Job Description re Solas Donegal Peer Support Worker
Application Form – Solas Peer Support Worker
Completed Applications: via email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday November 26, 2018
Interviews for those successfully shortlisted are provisionally scheduled for Tuesday, December 4th 2018
IDP is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. A panel may be formed. Garda vetting will apply for all posts.