Applicants are invited to express their interest in being considered for the position of Garden Centre Manager at Inishowen Co-Op’s Buncrana Branch, Co Donegal. The successful candidate will play a large role in managing the extension of our Garden Centre supplies as well as making contact and securing supplies from Nurseries.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for consistently achieving sales targets, delivering excellent customer service whilst merchandising, ordering and managing stock, creating powerful displays and maintaining the Garden Centre to the highest possible standard.
- Delivering sales growth and achieving sales targets.
- Maintaining the highest standards of store presentation and cleanliness including shop floor, garden centre and creating powerful display areas.
- Developing a relationship with nurseries / garden suppliers to avail of constantly changing seasonal offerings.
- Keep up to date with current product knowledge and consumer trends.
- Plant husbandry and maintenance.
- Providing basic design advice on all aspects of hard and soft landscaping.
- Delivering excellent customer service to all customers ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Stock Control including ordering, stocking up and quality control.
- Managing point of sale processes.
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations.
- Taking the lead on marketing and grow awareness of facilities and its products through Facebook and other social media channels.
To be successful in the role requires individuals to be/to have:
- Previous garden centre experience would be advantageous.
- Horticultural qualification or working towards one.
- Able to work well on own initiative and as part of a close-knit team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driven and takes responsibility for ensuring excellent Customer service.
- Ambitious and want to succeed.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills.
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience and qualifications.
- An interesting role with ongoing support, training and development.
- Long established team working with the local community for many years.
If you feel you can tick some or all of the above, then we would encourage you to apply by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Closing date for receipt of applications will be close of business on Friday 8th December 2023.
Inishowen Co-Op is an equal opportunities Employer.