Reporting to the Sheet Metal/Fabrication Production Manager, whilst working within a team environment, this position will functionally be involved in developing improved manufacturing processes, with a keen focus on lean manufacturing methods and practices.
Key functions of the position include:
- Evaluating manufacturing processes as designated by the Continuous Improvements Manager.
- Monitor and analyse current systems of production and proactively implement improvements in line with Company’s continuous improvement goals.
- Perform as a link between all relevant departments addressing daily manufacturing issues and implementing solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Liaise with the R&D team ensuring a smooth transition of all new products into manufacturing, including the preparation of all Bill of materials, standard operating procedures and control plans.
- Assist in the management of quality control and non-conformance processes, providing root cause, correct and preventative actions.
- Supporting production through the analysis of waste – identifying corrective and preventative actions to eliminate waste.
- Analyse production efficiency with the aim of improving by increasing productivity, output and capacity. Carry out “Time & Studies” analysing and planning work flow, floor and equipment layout and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Driving cost reduction through design standardisation of existing portfolio and new products.
- Research and create new methods of manufacturing process, tooling and fixturing and implement within the organisation to achieve maximum production capacity and efficiency.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as tasked.
**The above serves to provide the main remit of the above position however other tasks commensurate with the role will be implemented as and when required**
- Degree level qualified in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3years’ experience in a high volume fast paced engineering environment
- Proficient in reading and understanding Engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks
- Working Knowledge and experience of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to solve complex material engineering, maintenance engineering, and process issues
- Ability and commitment to quickly identify bottlenecks and constraints in the factory and put actions in place accordingly to improve the throughput and address the problem area.
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently and as part of a team. The role will rely on the manufacturing engineer to be the interface between various departments and personnel.
Please visit: https://www.e-i-eng.com/careers/