Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the candidate will be responsible for safe unloading/loading/stacking of goods, labelling stock, stock control, issuing of goods to production, housekeeping and any other warehouse related activities deemed necessary.
• Current counter-balance fork truck licence
• Demonstrable previous experience of using or running a warehouse in a busy production or retail environment:
• Ability to identify and verify delivered goods against delivery docket information;
• A team player with a flexible approach.
• Previous use of stock control systems or experience of using Microsoft Excel;
• Experience of stock counts and stock reconciliation
The Store Person, reporting to the Purchasing Manager, is responsible for the receipt of all goods inwards, incoming goods quality control, storage and issue of goods, stock rotation, waste minimisation, ensuring that stock-outs are avoided, and that usage is accurately accounted for.
The following list gives a guideline to the main tasks required but is not exhaustive. Any other duties other than those listed below may be given by management.
1. Ensure incoming goods are unloaded from delivery vehicles where necessary in a safe manner;
2. Check that the goods match the appropriate delivery note in terms of description and quantity;
3. Where goods are received and marked for the attention of an individual or department, contact the appropriate person to let them know the item is available for collection at Goods Inwards;
4. Pass all delivery notes to the Office Administrator, noting any anomalies;
5. Unpack and store all goods in appropriate racks or storage facilities, taking note of assigned bin locations;
6. Report any defects, damages or shortages to the Purchasing Manager or Office Administrator on receipt. Where there is any visible damage to a pallet or package received, ensure that this is noted on the driver’s copy of the delivery note;
7. Check critical dimensional tolerances where required on goods supplied and highlight any anomalies;
8. Assign pallet numbers to all goods received;
9. Ensure goods for return are palletized, labelled and returned as necessary;
10.Collate and palletize any goods to be processed externally, e.g. edged panels;
11.Ensure timber is quality checked and segregate/re-allocate for other use/quarantine as necessary;
12.Pick all items as required by the Line Feeders for movement between storage to production areas and vice versa as required, ensuring that bin location/pick face designation is adjusted as necessary. Ensure presence in warehouse during working hours and contactable by radio;
13. Allocate consumable items (eg gloves, sanding discs, boxes of screws etc) as appropriate, maintaining a record of stock withdrawals Keep consumable stock count and inform Production Manager of items to be re-ordered;
14.Ensure glass deliveries are checked against order quantity/sizes and that Uform glass panes are labelled by order reference;
15.Perform stock checks as required and update records as appropriate, liaising with the Purchasing Manager;
16.Perform periodic checks as necessary of item counts versus minimum stock levels to avoid stock out situations;
17.Report any potential shortfall in stocks as necessary;
18.Keep stock areas neat, tidy and safe, ensuring products are stored on the correct racks or pallets stacked in straight columns within safe reach of fork trucks;
19.Ensure stock is rotated as far as possible, i.e. use up oldest stock first where possible and that a build-up of unused off-cuts is avoided;
20.Report any anomalies to the Purchasing Manager
Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm
Friday 8.00am – 1.30pm
Working hours may be subject to change. In addition to the hours described above, production operators may be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime from time to time and when necessary.
The Production Operative role may develop over time to absorb new tasks. This will be done in consultation with the Team Leader, Production Supervisor and Production Manager. Training courses may also be provided to ensure this role can be carried out efficiently and safely.
• Company Pension
• On Site parking
• Other company benefit
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .