Hosted by Inishowen Development Partnership (IDP), the IFAN model has developed over the past 15 years and now demonstrates a high level of interagency working and meaningful collaboration. It has proved to be an excellent model of focusing on an outcomes approach for the empowerment of families and their health and well-being.
IFAN provides a joined up collaborative approach needed to support families in all spheres of their lives. Families are at the centre of this work, and IFAN follows a rights-based approach. It aims “To create an environment for a joined up and integrated approach to supporting parents, carers, children and young people living in Inishowen.”
- IFAN coordinated Rainbows training for the area and has a team of volunteers ready to delivery the training to young people once Covd restrictions lift
- Series of workshops for parents on managing anxiety in children and teens
- IDP’s Community Food Initiative is a collaboration with IFAN members
- IFAN, through IDP, is a member of a national Separation Network – providing tailored training for staff and volunteers working with families.
- IFAN has produced a local directory of supports and services available in Inishowen
- Working groups have focused on issues such as Mental Health & Wellbeing, Supports for Men, Training needs of members.
Download IFAN Directory
Staff involved/Contact details
Denise / Sheila / Carmel / Mary McG / Rachel