Protect and sustain the income of farmers and fishermen
- Increase the number of farmers using fixed assets for non-agricultural activities
- Assist farmers to gain off-farm employment and/or self employment.
- Assist farmers to optimise income from existing farm activities
- Increase the percentage of fishermen using fixed assets for non-fishing activities.
- Support farmers and fishermen to participate in group enterprise activities.
- Encourage farmers and fishermen to participate in supported employment
Provide employment supports to the unemployed and under-employed, in particular those most distanced from the labour market
- Assist clients into employment, self-employment, further education and training.
- Maintain and develop links with employers.
- Support farmers and fishermen to access supported employment programmes
- Provide post employment supports to clients.