To qualify for the Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme:

  • You must own and live in your own home
  • It must be built before 2006
  • You must receive one of the following:
  • Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme, or
  • Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven years of age, or
  • Family Income Supplement
  • One Parent Family Payment

To apply for the Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme, you will need to submit:

  1. Completed and signed the below application form by you and signed and stamped by an official of the Department of Social Protection
  2. Proof of ownership of your home (see page 3).

Fee Home Insulation Application Form

If you require any assistance or want to know more about the scheme please call Terence on (086)3192721 or email