Inishowen Credit Union Ltd. is now inviting applications for the following position
Business Development & Marketing Officer
Inishowen Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with almost 25,000 members and total assets of over €106 million. Our main office is on Cockhill Road in the heart of the community in Buncrana and we have three other offices across Inishowen in Moville, Carndonagh & Muff. Our core value is to promote the financial wellbeing of our members, while also helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. This role is fundamental to fulfilling our strategic ambition of ensuring our member service and community engagement positions us at the heart of the Inishowen community.
Principal responsibilities of the role:
Understanding the needs and financial requirements of existing and potential members is key to the success of Inishowen Credit Union. The Business Development & Marketing Officer is responsible for profiling the needs of members so the credit union can align its offerings with the needs of the Inishowen community. This position holder will analyse the common bond and profile and segment the market to help identify specific needs.
A core objective of the role is to clearly outline which ‘customers’ or ‘personas’ the credit union wants to serve and to plan how best to do that through understanding members’ better. The Business Development & Marketing Officer is then tasked to build participation and loyalty through effective marketing of the offering through the most efficient media channels and review on an ongoing basis to optimise product relevance and service excellence.
• Complete and maintain a detailed assessment of the market, segmenting, and assessing the products and services already available from the credit union and its main competitors.
• Work closely with the management team to help develop, launch and sell new products and services across personal, commercial and agriculture banking lines to meet the needs of existing and potential members.
• Develop a marketing and business development plan to drive income for the credit union, increasing the access and uptake for all revenue generating products and services
• Constantly assess and review the performance of products and services for how they are satisfying members needs and driving member satisfaction
• Manage the on boarding of new members ensuring they are properly inducted into the multi-channel benefits and processes of the credit union and the evolution of these benefits as members journey through their life cycle.
• Develop member engagement opportunities from information nights, to seminars, to financial planning information sessions etc. to ensure the credit union remains connected to the members especially as they transition from physical to digital engagements.
• Manage the brand of the credit union, ensuring that the brand value, reputation, and inherent competence is communicated through every appropriate means and channel.
• Liaise with the management team and staff continuously to embed the aligned “member solutions” centred approach to all credit union business across all credit union functions.
• Constantly drive the benefits of a closer, solutions focused relationship with all members.
• Operating out in the community, build relationships across the community and key groups (employers, schools, community groups etc.) within it, to foster the value the credit union can bring to sustaining community strength
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Minimum 2 years industry experience in a marketing & business development role
• A third level business degree or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
• Track record of building relationships, meeting sales targets and communicating core marketing messages
• Knowledge of financial services sector is desirable
• Appropriate attention to detail, to ensure that the Credit Union meets its responsibilities as a regulated entity
• Central Bank minimum competency requirements (MCR) or will undertake training to complete this requirement
How to Apply: Applications including CV and cover letter by email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should should state clearly the reference number: ICU BDMO 2022
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday 27th May
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
Inishowen Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer