DONEGAL TRAVELLERS PROJECT: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKER WITH THE ROMA COMMUNITY (FULL TIME)
|Job Title:||Community Development Worker with the Roma community|
|Reporting To:||Project Manager|
|Employer:||Donegal Travellers Project|
|Main Purpose of Role:||The purpose of this post is to develop a community development approach to work with the Roma community.
The Community Development Worker with the Roma Community will promote the practice of community development in the delivery of this project.
|Salary||● Terms and conditions will be in line with DTP’s company policies and salary scales|
|Conditions of Work:||
● The Community and Youth Development officer will be required to work 35 hours per week.
● This role will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.
● Full Clean Driver’s License and access to transport.
● This is a one year fixed term contract with the opportunity for the programme to be extended pending funding.
● The post will require working outside of normal office hours for which candidates will be compensated through an operational system of “time in lieu.”
● Travel and Subsistence expenses will be provided in accordance with DTP.
You will be required to…
|1||Establish working relationships with members of the Roma community living in Donegal through outreach work, neighborhood work and working as part of the Roma Team.|
|2||Provide support/advocacy to Roma families and individuals to access public services including social welfare, housing and accommodation.|
|3||Implement a community development approach to address the thematic areas as set out in the National Traveller and Roma Inclusion Strategy as they impact on the Roma community.|
|4||Develop culturally sensitive responses to crisis or trauma which impact on the community e.g. Homelessness|
|5||Develop submissions and reports to promote the inclusion of the Roma community both at local, regional and national policy developments.|
|6||Support Roma children and young people’s participation and outcomes in preschool, primary and secondary education including after schools, youth work and summer programmes.|
|7||Develop and deliver community-based education initiatives/programmes.|
|8||Host events/training to raise awareness of the history and identity of the Roma Community which will be informed by an interculturalism approach.|
|9||To carry out all reporting requirements including financial oversight with administration to the funders and management of DTP.|
|10||This list of duties is not exhaustive and may be amended in order that the funded programme can be fully delivered and meets the requirements of Rethink Ireland.|
|1||Working knowledge of the implementation of a community development approach to social inclusion||You will be required to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a community development approach to social inclusion issues.
|2||Excellence Communication and interpersonal skills including IT expertise||You will have experience of forming good working relationships with communities and organisations, combined with excellent written, verbal communication, listening skills and IT skills including excellent online social media skills as a tool for promoting and building the profile of the project|
|3||Awareness of the Roma Community||You will be required to demonstrate a knowledge of the Roma community in Ireland and relevant organisations and services.|
|4||Skills to carry out baseline studies and evaluation methodologies||You will be required to demonstrate that you can collate qualitative and quantitative data.|
|5||Relevant Third Level Qualifications||A recognised third level qualification relevant to the role and/or experience in community work settings.|
|6||‘Other’||You must hold a clean, current driving license as travel across Donegal and beyond will be a requisite of this role.|
|● Excellent organisational and communication skills including IT;
● Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
● Understanding of community development and Human Rights;
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate care and consideration;
● Ability to work as part of a wider team;
● A working knowledge of relevant legislation and policy which would inform the practice of the Roma community Development Project.
● Commitment to Anti-Racism and Equality
|Apply in writing by Friday the 17th of February 2023 at 12noon with CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be subject to garda vetting.
**Donegal Travellers Project is a county wide organisation which works to promote Traveller and Roma Human Rights in Donegal through community development, policy development, advocacy and collective community action.