Inishowen Credit Union Ltd. is now inviting applications for the following position
Inishowen Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with almost 25,000 members and total assets of over €106 million. Our main office is on Cockhill Road in the heart of the community in Buncrana and we have three other offices across Inishowen in Moville, Carndonagh & Muff. Our core value is to promote the financial wellbeing of our members, while also helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. This role is fundamental to fulfilling our strategic ambition of ensuring our member service and community engagement positions us at the heart of the Inishowen community while doing so in a sustainable financial manner.
Principal responsibilities of the role:
The position primarily involves financial reporting and development of a strong ‘internal controls’ framework based on legislative constraints and best practice. Additionally, you will help support analysis and modelling of the business through its ongoing strategic evolution and support the CEO in providing financial leadership and consultancy to the Board and management group. While the Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance function, he/she will support leadership for the financial health of the credit union, identifying issues that impact financial performance and anticipating potential future impacts, developing mitigations to address these issues as they arise.
• Overseeing the management and co-ordination of all internal and external reporting, including the consolidation of monthly management accounts
• Support and develop the financial analysis, business modelling and economics of operations to optimise the balance of service and cost, analysing product profitability across the suite of CU products
• Review of investments with the CEO, Board and external advisors / bodies • Making recommendations, managing and developing ICU’s asset liability management policy and reviewing the credit union’s general policies and procedures as they pertain to financial matters and controls
• Responsible for preparing & monitoring budgets, regulatory returns, provisioning and loan book reviews
• Responsibility for managing payroll and all ancillary processes
• Prepare & report on key metrics to help drive operational efficiency (absences, holiday accrual, overtime, etc.)
• Continuous improvement – identification of opportunities for improvement of analysis and reporting and implementation of efficiency models
• Overall responsibility for efficient resourcing and operation of Credit Control and finance function including development of team members
• Overall management of Bank Reconciliations and investment strategies
• Overall responsibility for Controls and Compliance in Accounts, EFT, Liquidity and cash management, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met
• Responsible for budgetary control and forecasting
• Responsible for the preparation of financial information for the Board and committees. Support the Board in their understanding of the dynamics and critical issues contained therein.
• Support the work of the Risk Management & DP officer, Compliance Officer and Internal Auditor when required
• Support the management team in addressing the financial requirements of growth and cost management.
• Liaise with key stakeholders such as auditors and the Central Bank and ensure the timely completion of returns.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Minimum 5 years industry experience in a Finance Management role preferably in financial services
• Expert knowledge of accounting and financial analysis
• A thorough understanding of Credit Union rules and regulations
• Ability to plan/forecast, budget, design financial models and oversee implementation of financial strategies
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Excellent administrative, organisational & business support skills
• Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
• Appropriate attention to detail, to ensure the Credit Union meets its responsibilities as a regulated entity
Note: Role is subject to Central Bank Fitness & Probity Regime Assessment
How to Apply:
Applications including CV and cover letter by email addressed to: email@example.com
Applicants should should state clearly the reference number: ICU FM 2022
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday 20th May
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
Inishowen Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer