FINANCE MANAGER – VACANCY
Swilly Mulroy Credit Union (SMCU) is seeking a Finance & Compliance Manager. Reporting
to the Credit Union Manager and Board, this new post is a unique opportunity for a suitably
qualified finance professional to become a key member of the management team and to play
a leading role in the future development of SMCU.
The Finance & Compliance Manager will be accountable and responsible for the following:
• managing the finance function including financial reporting, financial projections,
management of the investment portfolio, preparation of regulatory returns, and payroll;
• managing the HR function of SMCU and undertaking staff training on compliance issues.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualifications and skills:
• A professional accountancy qualification (ACA or equivalent);
• At least 2 years’ post qualification accountancy experience;
• At least 3 years’ experience in a finance or accountancy role; and
• At least 3 years’ of advising/reporting to senior management.
The following qualifications and skills are desirable for the role:
• A credit union specific qualification which meets the standards of the Minimum
Competency Code (e.g. ACCUP or Pathways Diploma in CU Operations);
• Professional Certificate in Credit Union Compliance or Professional Diploma in
• At least 2 years’ experience in credit unions or other financial institutions;
• Experience of dealing with, or advising on, HR issues;
• Experience of preparing and delivering training courses using Power point; and/or
• At least 2 years’ experience of getting results through people.
A competitive salary and benefit package will be on offer.
If you feel you can meet the requirements of this challenging role, please contact SMCU on
00 353 (0)74 91 50188 or email your completed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by email or posted to SMCU on or before Saturday 26th June