Health Care Support Assistant (HCSA) – Job Description
The overall objective of the Home Help Service is to care for and maintain people in their own home. This involves close liaisons with (PHN) Public Health Nurses and other Health Care Professionals.
Health Care Support Assistants may be asked to provide a service to a number of clients within different Care Groups each day e.g. Elderly, Physical and Sensory Disabled, Learning Disability, Psychiatric and Family Care.
HCSA Tasks can vary from : –
- Assisting parents in caring for children, feeding, bathing, etc.
- Personal Care
- Assisting clients to dress/undress
- Assisting clients to feed themselves
- Helping clients with toileting and personal hygiene
- Prompting clients to take medication
- Caring for the physical, emotional and social needs of clients and their Carers.
- Lighting fires, disposing of ashes, bringing in fuel
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Household cleaning tasks, making beds.
- Emptying commode and disposal of incontinence wear
- Assisting clients in and out of bed.
Candidates must have at the latest date of application: –
- Fetec Level 5 in Health Care or equivalent/commitment to complete within relevant specific timeframe.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the caring profession.
- Be of good character, trustworthy, reliable and portray a positive attitude towards the Service.
Informal inquiries can be made to Declan Crawford, Coordinator 087 0511441 (between 10am -12 noon).
Please ensure you demonstrate clearly on your C.V that you meet the criteria listed in the job specification. Please post detailed C.V with cover letter & reference HH.001.2021 to: Jackie Boyle, HR Dept, St Joseph’s Campus, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal.