North Inishowen Schools Completion Project
POSITION: Temporary Coordinator specific purpose career break for one year from September 2021 to 31st August 2022.
Applications are invited for the above post of NISCP Co-Ordinator.
The School Completion Programme is a targeted initiative which aims to increase the number of children and young people who stay in primary and post primary education and in doing so improve the number of young people who successfully complete the Senior Cycle or equivalent. The main focus of the Programme is to work with those who may be at risk of educational disadvantage through early school leaving. The SCP aims to impact positively on Attendance, Participation and Retention in school through provision of interventions – including In school, After School and Out of School camps. The SCP is a national Programme which is an action under the Department of Education DEIS (Delivering Equality of Opportunity in School) Plan.
The SCP is currently funded through Tusla Education Support Service (Tess).
There are 9 schools in the North Inishowen Schools Completion Programme – Carndonagh Community School and Moville Community College are the two post primary schools and our 7 primary schools are Scoil Eoghain, Clonmany N.S, Cloontagh N.S, St Patricks Boys National School, St Patrick’s Girls’ National School, Carndonagh, Scoil Cholmchille Glengad, Scoil Phadraig Rasheney. The Local Co-ordinator will lead the development and implementation of the Programme in consultation with Tess, the Local Management Committee and the school Principals.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Education to level 8 Degree standard in: Education / Social Care/ Management/ Youth Community Work or equivalent discipline;
• Experience in managing, leading and supporting a team of staff;
• Experience in managing budgets is beneficial;
• Experience in relationship management with local funding agencies and stakeholder organisations ;
• Experience in and ability to set up a corporate governance structure with all the relevant documents and policies;
• Knowledge and experience of Logic Model Planning;
• Full Irish Driving Licence and access to a car; and
• Knowledge of early school leaving factors and familiarity with DEIS schools and the School Completion Programme.
• Ability to lead staff members and provide supervision;
• High level of motivation/ability to work on own initiative;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts and build and maintain effective working relationships with adults and young people;
• Excellent standards of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to be proactive and work effectively within a pressurised environment;
• Positive and flexible approach to working as part of a team;
• Excellent written communication skills, including ability to draft summary information and correspondence and excellent report writing
• Ability to implement and follow organisational guidelines and processes;
• Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Internet, PowerPoint and Social Media.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ROLE
FUNDING : It must be understood that if the funding for the post is discontinued the post holder’s contract may be terminated.
GARDA VETTING : As the work involves contact with children and young people, candidates considered for employment will be required to undergo the Garda Vetting process before employment can be confirmed.
REFERENCES : The successful candidate will also undergo 2 reference checks before employment can be confirmed.
HOURS OF WORK : The Co-ordinator will be expected to work a minimum of 37 hours per week. Please note, however, that this position will require flexibility in relation to working hours.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th August 2021 at 17.30.
Applicants should apply by forwarding their curriculum vitae and a covering letter explaining how they believe they meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will not be accepted. Further details in relation to salary will be provided to the successful candidate. Please note shortlisting may apply and canvassing will disqualify.
Interviews: It is intended to hold interviews in the week commencing 30th Aug 2021.
For further information, please visit: