ACRES – Donegal Co-operation Project is recruiting project officers to support farmers and farm advisers in Donegal throughout the delivery of the ACRES scheme.
ACRES is the new national agri-environment climate measure (AECM) that will be available to over 30,000 farmers throughout Ireland from 2023. Inishowen Farm Innovations in partnership with Inishowen Development Partnership have been contracted by the DAFM to operate one of the eight Co-operation Projects that are being established as part of Ireland’s CAP Strategic Plan.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The primary role of the Project Officer is to support farmers and farm advisors in Donegal throughout the delivery of the ACRES scheme. The role will involve actively engaging with farmers and undertaking results-based habitat scoring of farmland habitats (including private lands and commonages). The Project Officers will be assigned to different local areas within the Donegal CP area.
• A degree in agriculture, ecology or related discipline is desirable however other non-degree qualifications may be considered for experienced candidates.
• A full clean driver’s licence.
• Good IT and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Two years relevant work experience in the agriculture / ecology / agri-environmental sectors (those with <2 yrs experience may apply for more junior roles on the project).
• Knowledge of farmland and upland habitats.
FOR MORE ON THIS ROLE or to download the application pack see: