Rural Social Scheme participants are Small Farmers/Fishermen or their spouse who work in a variety of projects including establishment and maintenance of walkways, village enhancement, culture and heritage projects, pre and after-school groups, grass cutting, painting, maintenance and caretaking.
Inishowen Development Partnership seek to recruit a Supervisor for the RSS Community Work Programme
Applicants must be:
- Successful in the short-listing process to be called for interview
- The offer of the position is subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting
Purpose of the Job:
- Reporting to the RSS/Tus Programme Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the management of approximately 20 scheme participants placed with community & voluntary sector groups carrying out work activities for the benefit of local communities.
Conditions of Work
- Supervisors will be required to work 39 hours a week
- This is a fixed term position and is based on a starting point salary of €31,005.51
- A probationary period of at least six months will apply.
- Initial contract will be for one year period and can be renewed subject to satisfactory performance and the continued funding of RSS
The role will involve:-
- To facilitate in the recruitment of participants
- Promotion of the scheme in day to day work, outside meetings and highlight the positive benefits of participation for individuals and communities.
- To work closely with the Company’s other programmes and Programme Officers to assist communities in the development of various projects which may arise.
- The supervision of participants, including monitoring time and attendance
- Maintaining appropriate records in both written and computerised formats
- Supervision of compliance with health and safety requirements
- Setting, managing and monitoring work schedules
- Delivery on work-specific training
- Managing the output of the participants to match the expectations of the communities
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with all community and Departmental personnel, and to maintain community project records.
- To ensure that each scheme complies with all the regulations set out by the Department of Social Protection
- Other duties required for the orderly operation of RSS.
|Proven management/supervisory experience
|Ability to work as part of a team
|Knowledge of Statutory Health & Safety Regulations
|Demonstrate ability to relate to and support participants
|A higher level of computer literacy in terms of both work application and qualifications, a combination of both to a high level is a minimum requirement.
|Demonstrate community development work experience and knowledge and ability to work with communities to identify projects from concepts in plan to actual projects delivered.
|A good standard of education
|Good communication and inter-personal skills
|Access to Transport at all times during the working week
|Understanding of issues around agriculture, off farm, fishing, employment and unemployment
|Excellent report writing Skills
|Knowledge of general maintenance and outdoor work.
|Full clean drivers licence
|Be willing to work evenings or weekends as required.
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: RSS Co-ordinator, Inishowen Development Partnership, Pound Street Business Park, Carndonagh, Inishowen, Co Donegal, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 21st April 2023 at 12 noon