The SFPA will hold a competition to establish a panel of suitably qualified candidates to fill Sea Fisheries Protection Officer vacancies which may arise in its office in Greencastle, Co. Donegal.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 31st March 2022
- Conducting direct inspections of fishing vessels, processing establishments, seafood business premises and other places of fisheries and marine activity to verify compliance and to detect non-compliance with Sea-Fisheries and Seafood safety legislation
- Taking appropriate follow-up action following these inspection activities such as writing reports, inputting data into databases of inspection activity, compilation of written statements or attending court to act as a witness for the prosecution.
- Collecting, verifying and inputting fisheries statistics in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collecting samples of shellfish, fishery products and fish to sampling specification at shellfish production sites, fish processing establishments, auction halls and fishing vessels and ensuring the delivery of these samples in a suitable condition to conduct the analysis intended.
- Attending meetings or meeting with individuals to provide technical input on matters related to fisheries conservation, food safety and fisheries statistics or to advise groups or individuals on these matters or matters related to the policy of the Authority.
- Min. qualification of a National Diploma Level 7 in a discipline relevant to the work of the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority
- Full, clean driving licence
- Previous experience in a regulatory environment
- Satisfactory knowledge of a second official and working language of the EU
- Experience working with systems/processes
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates must complete an Online Application Form and submit their application form via the online application portal. Application process can be viewed here
Your online application form must be submitted by 12 noon on Thursday the 31st of March 2022. Applications will not be accepted after this time.The Sea Fisheries Protection Authority is an equal opportunities employer