The post holder will provide comprehensive technical and mechanical support to simulation education activities and the simulation laboratory
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Support the activities in the simulation laboratory and the Simulation Lead.
- Work and support the Lead of Simulation and related staff (Simulation Technicians, Simulation Leads, Simulation Trainers and Faculty).
- Promote the seamless integration of undergraduate and postgraduate simulation at Letterkenny University Hospital and the Donegal Medical Academy
- Support and organise key simulation events and programmes.
- Provide technical assistance and support to faculty, instructors and staff in the use of simulation equipment.
- Prepare for simulation activities in advance and in the take down phase.
- Timetable and plan simulation activities and events.
- Maintain and operate simulation equipment and cameras/ AV equipment.
- Participate in selection of simulation equipment.
- Be involved in gathering data for the compilation and submission of reports to key stakeholders in education e.g. Academic Office, Medical Council, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Training Bodies, Intern Networks etc.
- Attend training courses to improve performance and aim for a science qualification and qualifications in simulation education.
- Attend meetings related to simulation activities within and outside the Simulation Laboratory.
- Manage and maintain program data, including schedules, conferences, and evaluations for collation for research and grant requirements.
- Assist in the accreditation of simulation programmes, staff and the facilities.
- Liaise with the NUIG School of Medicine to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to undergraduate medical, nursing and HSCP education.
- Maintains learner and simulation activity confidentiality.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- The identification and development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which are congruent with the Hospital’s service plan targets.
- The development of Action Plans to address KPI targets.
- The post holder will support the principle that the care of the patient comes first at all times and will approach their work with the flexibility and enthusiasm necessary to make this principle a reality for every patient to the greatest possible degree
- Maintain throughout the Group’s awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- Performance management systems are part of role and you will be required to participate in the Group’s performance management programme
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, national Standards for the prevention and control of healthcare Associated infections, Hygiene Standards etc. and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and 4 waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
Candidates must on the closing date:
1 Professional Qualifications, Experience, etc
- Candidates must, on the latest date for receipt of applications, hold:
- The relevant health Skills FETAC Level 5 qualification
An equivalent relevant health care qualification
(please note a Component Certificate will not suffice. A full QQI/FETAC 5 major award requires a minimum of 120 credits)
(iii ) Have experience as a Healthcare Professional
- Candidates must have the personal competence and capacity to properly discharge the duties of the role
For further information visit: